Saturday, January 21, 2012

Week TWO

And it has begun…sculpting, building, throwing, glazing and firing has now ensuedJ  Oh, how I have missed being in the studio!  I got approval to begin my endeavor of creating my first solo show this semester.  Along with my solo show, I also got approval to move forward with the train kiln project and the components that will go within.

I am quite excited with my plans for these projects!  I am planning on making some really unique slab tumblers for the train kiln (I can’t wait to see how they fire!).  Besides, wood fire throwing has been done so many times-let’s spice it up a bit J  However, I have begun throwing some on my kick wheel.  By the end of the semester, my legs should be like iron!

I have also begun the pieces for my solo show this week.  I am really looking forward to doing these pieces and hosting a show.  I just hope that my nerves can handle it!  Hey, keep it simple right?  I have included a beginning picture of one of the pieces that will be in the show.

This week alone, I have researched a new clay body recipe, a new glaze recipe and have made glaze patties and glaze tiles.  Busy, busy, busy.  I will be making the new clay body next week along with glazing those tiles and some very patient pieces.  Not to mention, I will be running the slabs for the train kiln pieces and building more pieces for my show.





Here is a few snapshots for your viewing pleasureJ (and don’t forget to feed the fishies!)

No comments:

Post a Comment