Friday, January 14, 2011

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

Over the break, I was able to get a few things accomplished with my clay projects.  We have also started reorganizing the house so that we can begin construction on my new clay studio in late spring to summer!  So exciting!
The first week of Spring ’11 has definitely been interesting!  One day missed thanks to weather already.  Between the chaos of getting back into the grind of new classes, working and family life-I am wiped and I am not close to being done with this week! 
I am extremely excited to be learning how to throw this semester!  I can’t wait to get started!  Unfortunately, I would have started already, but life sometimes gets in the way.  For starters, clay needed to be made and with only two mixers, that presents quite a time dilemma.  However, I was able to get the Tim Mather Porcelain made, even though it took me quite a bit longer to accomplish thanks to timing issues.  No worries, though.  On a side note, it is somewhat difficult to unload and clean a mixer by yourself that is almost as tall as you are!  Future reference: make sure that I do not have to make clay alone again in the future when using a big mixer! HaHa.  Besides the minimal difficulty-I am proud of my newbie abilities to get the mega-task accomplished. (pictures below) 
As for next week, I will be coming in on MLK day to begin my first throwing endeavor and I will also begin my hand building project this weekend.  GOOD LUCK TO ME!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment