Thursday, January 20, 2011

SNOW & THROW


This week has been very interesting and exciting for me!  I have started learning to throw on the wheel.  I love it, but right now, my body is still debating! HAHA.  Here is some advice: if you have not thrown before-DO NOT do it for nine hours straight on the first time (trust me-your body will thank you).  Even though I am still pretty sore (the nine hour endeavor was on Monday), I must say that throwing is very relaxing.  I am still working on perfecting my “pull up” method and centering, but I have confidence that it will come.  Thanks to Dan, I also found out that I am a lot better at throwing backwards than normal.  Figures it would be that way, since I am a backwards individual! However, I still have to trim the pieces by ‘normal’ rotation.  Professor Man says that I will be able to train myself to trim on the same throw rotation after I get a little more experience. AWESOME. I must admit though, that I rather like being backwards-feels very natural to me! 
I have also started on my first hand building project of the semester.  I think it will turn out great!  Like me, it will be kind of ‘backwards’ too.  You lovely followers will just have to wait for more details on the one! (anxious now, aren’t we?)
Hopefully the campus will be open tomorrow (thanks SNOW) so that I may throw some more J Until next time-HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!


No comments:

Post a Comment