Saturday, January 29, 2011

Time to get "mugged"!

Another whirlwind week has gone by.  Cylinder critique went well and I definitely learned some great pointers to help me with my future throwing endeavors.  I am honestly surprised at how well the cylinders were turning out at the end!
I got to begin throwing mugs this week too!!  Anyone up for some coffee or maybe a mug o’soup?  The way my mugs are coming out so far-you will be happy to know that you will be able to have soup from them or even a big scoop of ice cream-YUM!  This is why I am still diligently working on the pull up method by trying to teach my hands to pull in and not out.  It is getting better and I hope that the rest of my mug throwing endeavor will reflect my persistence to correct my tendency to make bowls.  However, once I do get the hang of it, I wonder what my upcoming bowl endeavor will yield.  It may be interesting!
My hand building project is coming along.  The slab is made, the specs have been determined and the tools are out to play!  I am looking forward to this piece bringing “harmony” to my life with a twist! 
On a side note, I believe the timeline for some of my studio equipment being installed has been moved up to help better my throwing experiments and still allow me to be a Mom J  It will be fantabulous!   


No comments:

Post a Comment