Friday, February 18, 2011

NEW CLAY!!!

This week has been another whirlwind week in the life of KG Creativity!  Monday, I started researching glazing methods/colors that I want to use for my turtle violin project.  I put some test fire pieces in and got the results back on Wednesday J  Brian was right (as always) the toasted cappuccino is absolutely worthless!  A complete flake job!  So I will be looking into some stains and clear gloss to achieve my final look for the piece.  The research as already commenced.  Updates will come at a later date.
On Wednesday, I was able to make a completely new porcelain with the help of my clay buddy-Jay J  So far, it is looking as though it will be an amazing porcelain!  I plan to try the new porcelain soon in throwing.  By the way, the new porcelain is called JK Porcelain!!  Brian has the recipe and hopefully it will become a staple of the IUS Ceramics department in the future J
I was also able to get a good amount done on my next hand building project.  I am doing a ‘no base’ series set this time for hand building.  It will include a Rubiks cube, a jack (or two) and the ball from Toy Story.  I am really looking forward to making this set and I can only hope that it turns out as nice as it looks in my wild head!
Well, that is all for now.  More exciting updates next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment