Sunday, February 19, 2012

Not enough snow :(

So, this week was not as fruitful as I would have liked.  Mother Nature interfered with being able to continue building on the train kiln.  However, she did not interfere enough to cancel classes at the college L  Oh well.

I was able to help load a cone 6 firing.  Which means, I will get to see my cone 6 glaze test results soon!  So excited!  Hopefully we will be loading the cone 10 this coming week so that I can see the results for that part of my glaze experiment.

This week was also busy with a complete reorganization of my house, including my home studio!!  I am not sure why I insist on piling even more work on myself during a semester-I guess that I am just crazy that way! J  Needless to say, doing that project allowed me the ability to make my home studio more conducive to work and I was able to make my own wedging desk (thanks to my hubby’s help).  Good times.

I have also been working on more pieces for my upcoming Spacelab show.  Only a few more to go J Beyond making show pieces, I will begin my personal project of making new dishware for my home.  However, I am not quite sure what I will do with the set I will be replacing?  Kind of sentimental since it is the set we got when we got married-hmm…


No comments:

Post a Comment