Monday, April 16, 2012

Open House & Wood Fire

The past week was not as nice as I would have liked it to be.  However, the days roll by. 

The train kiln was unloaded on Tuesday and I must say that, at first, I was not too terribly impressed.  Then I looked again and seen some qualities that are appealing.  I am hoping that by learning from this first run-I will be able to better prep my pieces for full benefit firing.  That is-IF- we get to fire again.  I had heard that the first firing of a wood kiln are not as nice because the kiln needs to be seasoned.  I can see where this is true.  Either way, I am still loving the experience.

The Fine Arts Open House went as well as could be expected.  I know that the attendance was definitely down from previous years and I can only wonder if it is because it was held almost two weeks earlier or if the advertising of it was not sufficient enough?  Regardless, I think it went well overall and I heard many compliments for the Fine Arts department and the Dirt Bags J  Unfortunately, due to unexpected, nasty illness-I was not able to help with setup as much as I would have liked to and usually get to do L  No worries-they did an excellent job and I am very proud to be a part of the Dirt Bags!

PS: Only two weeks left of the semester-get dirty!


*Not sure why these didn't load the first time :( But here you go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment