Sunday, April 22, 2012

FINAL Preparations


How sad that it is almost the last week of this semester L  Never fear though!  I have big plans for my ceramic work this summer!  I plan on getting quite a few of the projects that have been back logging in my head completed.  From making a new set of dinnerware and beverage ware for my home, beginning my Honors Project endeavor, making long awaited gifts and plenty of experimentation are to be had. 

This past week was mandatory clean up in the school studio.  It went fairly well-however, I am not used to not cleaning up the whole area-guess Ian’s class gets to have fun with that partJ  I just hope they can do as good a job as we usually can.  No worries.  We did get to clean up our caged area, the annex and most of the kiln room. 

We also discussed the criteria for Finals and I must say it is going to be really sad to have to say goodbye to “Big Eddie.”  I did make a couple of homage sculptures to light up for the farewell ceremony (pictures below).  It would be nice if all the advanced students could get to keep a piece of “Big Eddie” for remembrance purposes in our own home studios J  Either way, it will be good to know that he will live on within other kilns in the college studio J

I also took the time to take some quick captures of my home studio so everyone could know where I spend a great deal of my time J  Be warned though-the pictures show that I really get into my artwork!  So messy!  However, the mess will be cleaned very soon to make way for my summer projects in there J

Until next week’s FINAL post-GET DIRTY and CREATE ART!!






No comments:

Post a Comment