Sunday, September 9, 2012

And We Begin Again!!


Well, it is time to begin a new semester!  I just want to take this time to let you know what I am planning on for this semester. This semester officially begins my Honors project endeavor! I am super excited!  This project will take approximately two semesters to complete-I am hoping J  I actually began the preliminaries last spring. This project will consist of ten sculptural pieces and research findings. (Project developing pictures soon) My project will also culminate in a gallery showing. SO MARK YOUR CALENDARS!! April 12, 2013 at the IUS Library Gallery.  The opening time will be announced later J

As for what else has happened with this artist since I last blogged-it has been crazy busy!!!  I MOVED!! We found a beautiful property in the remote country.  It has a very large three-car garage that I made into my studio!! I am loving all the space!  I no longer have to worry about having enough room to make many pieces at the same time for fear of ruining one (or two) because the studio is too small :D  I am also loving being surrounded by nature-the perfect inspiration for this artist’s heART!!

I will also be continuing my experimentation with clay bodies and glazes this semester!! I have already created about 3 or four new clay body recipes to try-I cannot wait to see how they turn out!!  I will post photos as soon as I can with those results J


No comments:

Post a Comment