Sunday, March 16, 2014

Spring is near, time for projects to appear!


The fusion tests from cone 6 fire have come back.  I am impressed to see that Potassium Dichromate did not continue its previous fusion voracity-it just seems to have stopped-hmmm?  However, its distant cousin, Red Copper Oxide, had no trouble in proving that it could do better fusing (it fused to the patty below!).  OOHH! Take a look at Cryolite, it is scary looking, especially since it looks like something one would find on a car battery!

My first bowls went into bisque this week as well as my line blends test ‘tiles.’  I cannot wait to see what they look like when I get to campus tomorrow J

On the home front, I have been ‘Spring Cleaning,’ so to speak.  I have many art inspired projects underway for the homestead and studio.  Right now, my throwing and pushing more clay has been put on a minor hiatus to allow for the homestead art projects.  I feel by getting the homestead artfully redesigned, I will be more open to much more inspired clay work J  I am so completely looking forward to it!  I really love being able to let my hair down and let all potential art influence me!!

Photo Gallery this week includes the Cone 6 fusion results and some snapshots of just one of the artful homestead projects I have been working on. Enjoy.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment