Friday, February 25, 2011

Whoppers, Humps & Chucks

Another week in the not-so-exciting life of this ceramic artist has gone by!  Overall, it was a pretty good week.  I got to learn how to throw off the hump and I can’t wait to get going on doing that.   I also learned how to make a “chuck” to help with trimming forms.  I could have really used this information this past weekend to aid in trimming my “funky” bowl! 
I had a mishap on Monday with my bowls-R.I.P to the two bowls that did not make transport L  My other bowls made it just fine thankfully.  I will be working on my fear of trimming too much from the next bowls and pieces that I do.  Apparently, at the present state, my bowls are quite bottom heavy.  On the bright side, they will make excellent self-defense weapons!
I got further on my hand building project this week as well.  I can’t wait to see the finished green ware product!  However, at this moment, the “Toy Story” ball looks like a gigantic Whopper malted milk ball!  YUM!!!   Unfortunately, I had to start over on the jack because it became too hard to be able to work with properly.  No biggie-I have fun anytime my hands are in clay!  I also finally found the right size square template for my Rubiks cube!  It only took me “forever!” 
I was also able to get the rest of the supplies I needed this week to begin my glazing project on my mugs!  I feel like a kid on Christmas morning, just waiting to see how they will turn out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment