Friday, April 15, 2011

It's Almost That Time...

Only two more weeks left of the semester-SWEET!!  However, I must say that though the majority of this semester was brutal-I will really miss my beloved ceramics class L  I would have liked to take the summer course Special Topics in Ceramics, but I was not aware of it until too late L  I just can’t afford $700 out of my pocket right now.  HOWEVER, I plan on visiting my fellow mudslingers during their course this summer (hopefully).
As for this week in review, it has been quiet hectic.  I have been loading/unloading kilns, bisque fixing and glazing all week.  My last green ware is becoming bisque as we speak.  I loaded my first batch of cone 6 pieces today.  I will have my last load of the semester ready to load on Monday.
I had to do some major bisque fixing on one of my combined vessels this week (pictures below). It had seven areas that had to be mended!  I will tell you what-if it doesn’t make it through the glazing and last firing process-IT WILL BE SUPER EPOXIED!!!!
I have also been doing quite a few experiments in my glazing processes.  I really do hope they turn out well!  I should be able to see the first load results on Sunday-so excited!
Until next week…”be the change you wish to see in the world”-Ghandi
 ART is the best way to change the world!!!!



3 comments:

  1. I saw your fountain glazed. I love it. And the turtle shell cello was awesome. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! It means a lot! I love your Winnie the Pooh set (especially the bathtub-it is AWESOME!!! :)

    ReplyDelete