Friday, April 8, 2011

Honorable Week

This week in review includes wetware cutoff, honors society induction and further home studio planning and shopping.  Busy, busy week as usual J
Let’s start with wetware cutoff.  Let me say this, I will be SO GLAD when I am able to not have to worry about wetware cutoff anymore!    As usual, wetware cutoff gets pretty hectic and usually involves many sleepless nights.  LOL.  Never mind the insanity that is accompanied with wetware cutoff, I DO really enjoy being able to focus all my time on my clay! J  However, I am sometimes led to believe that my other professors are not as happy about me focusing my attention solely to clay as I am! Ha! Tough.   In fact, I think the only thing that I do not like about wetware cutoff is feeling like I am rushing the clay and it will not turn out as awesome as it normally would.
Now, onto the honors society induction.  I was inducted into the Pinnacle Honors Society on Tuesday evening.  SWEET!  I also learned that this particular society is usually reserved for senior status students (class standing-not age!) and that only a very few “exceptional” juniors are accepted.  Umm…wow!  Now I wonder if they may have got me confused with some other crazy clay lady?!   On a side note, I am very proud to say that I was not the only “Dirtbag” in attendance-Ms. Rosie was there too!  CONGRATS, ROSIE!!!  I sure will miss her when she leaves after the semester L
Last, but not least, further planning has been accomplished on my home studio.  We should be getting the electric necessities this weekend and AWESOME BRIAN is letting me borrow some broken shelves to conduct the test fire.  I have also purchased some peephole plugs, kiln post, mason stain, epoxy and glaze chalks!  I am like a little kid in a candy store just waiting to get my studio fully underway!
Until next week, this extreme mudslinging pyromaniac is out of here!  ENJOY!!



No comments:

Post a Comment