Friday, April 1, 2011

What break?!?

Here we are, back at it again!  I have done quite a bit in last two weeks or so.  I have been working on about seven projects at once! 
 First up?  The three different hand build projects and so far they are coming along nicely.  I need to order some supplies to finish one of them-so unfortunately it is holding me up. L  I may have to take a different view of one part of another hand build I am working on. Who knows, I may be able to pull it off with awesome glazing skills!  Whopper into play ball…can it be done?  WE SHALL SEE!!!  Last, but not least of the current hand builds, the drugs!  They are coming along very nicely.  A special thanks goes to Erika for showing me a tool that will help the process much better than what I was using!  LOVE IT!!! (picked mine up today from Prestons)
Second to go?  The two throwing endeavors I am on.  Due to the pneumonia I had a few weeks ago, and the result it had on my throwing abilities, I am working on throwing some better lidded vessels.  Wish me luck on those J  I am also working on my final throwing project for the semester (wait for it…) a COMBINATION VESSEL!!!  WOO HOO!!  So far I am having a lot of fun with this piece.  Take note that I am not really sure what the end result will be (or look like) but I am having a great time just letting the clay and wheel speak through me!
Lastly?  I have finally finished my in home gallery/library!!  I am so excited that it is finally finished (only took me “forever”)!!!  I am even more stoked that I can now begin filling it up with more of my work!!  I also love the fact that it is a “non-working” area in the house that I can go in and relax and not be tempted to work.  (My husband’s idea and I am sure he will be grateful!)  Thanks to getting the gallery/library done-I was also able to get my studio organized for more productivity until the next phase of my studio project comes (wall construction and insulation).
On a final note, my spring break was not a break at all-haha!  In fact, I had to come back to classes to get a “break.”  We worked day in and day out on the gallery and other projects,  and with a wedding and multiple family/friend visits tossed in there for good measure-I felt like a chicken with its head cut off!  No worries, the semester is almost over and I will collapse for the first week after (here’s hoping!)


No comments:

Post a Comment