Monday, April 21, 2014

Dinnertime!


Never fear, dinnerware is here!  This past week I have been diligently working on making a new dinnerware set for my home (and possibly available for retail in the future).  This is only something that I have wanted to do since I began my endeavor in ceramics >.<  So far, I have made six dinner plates, 3 bowls and a couple of lunch plates.  Due to the design shape of this set-it takes a bit longer to hand make these instead of throwing them on the wheel (which some could do-if the shape were easier-in no time). But, I do love the challenge! By Thursday of this week, I plan to have at least six to nine pieces of each ware.  This way, I can load them in the bisque on Thursday-thankfully, I made them of a thinner design and have finally narrowed the best drying method within my studio that will prevent them from drying too fast and cracking.

As for the rest of this past week, I have continued working on graduation prep and I finally got my handmade announcements out (I saved over $100 doing my own!).  I mean honestly, what kind of artist would I be if I didn’t design and create my own graduation announcements? >.<

This past weekend was also Easter, so I had a little art fun in the kitchen too (ART IS EVERYWHERE!).  Instead of dying the shell of the eggs, I decided to dye the cooked whites and make them into deviled eggs (which are our favorite!). They came out very nicely! I do believe this will become a new tradition of my family’s J

Well, that is it for the recap of what I have been up to-now it is time to get back to work!  Enjoy the photos and don’t forget to feed the fishies!








No comments:

Post a Comment