Sunday, April 6, 2014

Honest Truth


Okay, I have to be true to myself and everyone out there reading this. I am finally going to pick myself backup and attempt to clear my head of all the confusion I have been under this semester (specifically since my show ended).  Honestly, I have not been able to distinguish whether I am coming or going!  Could it be because graduation is so close and my whole being has been shutting down since my final show?  Or could it be because my body is shutting down from the toll of the preceding years?  I am not sure, but I do know that I feel like I am drowning and missing important information.  Truthfully, at this point-I am truly afraid of my ability to graduate as expected.  UGH! However, my next step is to get the vital plan/agenda needed in order for me to graduate as expected and I will be doing this step beginning TOMORROW!

Regardless of the immense turmoil I am battling, I have been able to finally reclaim my studio and get back to work creating wonderment.  I am also going to be honest here-my throwing abilities are in desperate need of honing and I am afraid that it will demand more time than the mere 29 days I have left of the semester L  BUT!!! While I am no longer going to pursue my dinnerware project on the wheel-I AM going to continue challenging myself in being able to create a decent set of spheres on the wheel.  On that note, I finally managed to get a small one made (well, it mostly looks like a sphere). Never give up, never surrender!

I have also got a really good direction begun on my dinnerware project (that will now be handbuilt).  I am testing two principle designs: 1. Book & 2. Tort Embellish.  In continuance of honesty, I really like the prototype of the Book version but I need to reevaluate its ability at recreation.  As for the Tort Embellish, I really like the embellishment of the tor itself, but I am going to go with a different shape and style of the dinnerware itself.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment