Monday, March 3, 2014

Just Another Day in Winter Wonderland


Well, after an interesting evening and morning-I think I can finally get this post out there.  It is amazing what electricity can do.  Honestly, even though I do enjoy good snowy winters, which are fairly rare in this region-I am definitely looking forward to Spring! Spring is probably the best season for me and the artist in me to be reborn out of the dismally cold, dark and ‘dead’ season of winter.  I really can’t wait until I can go back outside, in reasonable comfort, to be inspired by all that is around me J

Anyhow, I think I finally got the amateur video done of my Inquisitive Eyes piece that was in my final senior show.  However, there are some concerns with the video that I would like to address that could not be prevented due to the restrictions of space for proper display.  I think that I would like to do a second installation on the piece so that the visibility for taping can be maximized for optimal viewing.  Either way, I have included the first run video of the piece towards the end of this post. I hope you will enjoy it (even with its flaws).  An artist never stops learning J

I have also begun throwing again, after what seems like so long!  I have started with bowls and have challenged myself to get somewhat creative in their forms.  For some reason, the artist in me has a hard time with conforming to the ideal of what bowls should look like.  These are still bowls but they will have unique functions beside cereal or soup. I am also experimenting with my 'massacre' clay body to see how it does in throwing. So far, I can tell you it is dense but I do like how it throws :)

At the time of this post (after fighting with inclement weather and electricity) the bowls were not yet trimmed.  I will be doing the trimming after I am finished with the post (especially since I am home bound once again this season).



I assure you that is clay not blood (or is it?)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment